Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lord, Give Us More Sisters!

Our friend Jan says over at the Anchoress,

"I get very nostalgic for the nuns of my youth when I read stuff like this. There was a Benedictine convent just 3 blocks from where I grew up – the sight of the sisters out walking about town and working in the hospital they built and ran – in full habit- is one I will never forget. In fact, when I was little I felt very strongly that I wanted to join them – I loved those habits! . . .

"My kids hardly know what nuns look like . . . I can encourage my sons to consider the priesthood, but talk to my daughters about being a nun? They have no example."

Well, this is what they look like. These are some sisters I've run into at the grave of Pope John Paul II in the grotto of St. Peter's Basilica and at the Papal Mass in 2008 at Nationals Park.




No comments: