Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Word of God and 40 Days for Life

Deut. 28:1-2, 15, 25, 52-55
If you continue to heed the voice of the LORD, your God, and are careful to observe all his commandments which I enjoin on you today, the LORD, your God, will raise you high above all the nations of the earth. When you hearken to the voice of the LORD, your God, all these blessings will come upon you and overwhelm you.

But if you do not hearken to the voice of the LORD, your God, and are not careful to observe all his commandments which I enjoin on you today, the LORD will let you be beaten down before your enemies; though you advance against them from one direction, you will flee before them in seven, so that you will become a terrifying example to all the kingdoms of the earth.

An enemy from afar will besiege you in each of your communities, until the great, unscalable walls in which you trust come tumbling down all over your land. They will so besiege you in every community throughout the land which the LORD, your God, has given you, that in the distress of the siege to which the enemy subjects you, you will eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your own sons and daughters whom the LORD, your God, has given you.

The most refined and fastidious man among you will begrudge his brother and his beloved wife and his surviving children, any share in the flesh of his children that he himself is using for food when nothing else is left him in the straits of the siege to which your enemy will subject you in all your communities.


Psalm 139:11-16
*** I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.

O LORD, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar.
*** I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.

If I say, "Surely darkness shall hide me, and night shall be my light" -- Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day. Darkness and light are but one.
*** I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.

Truly, you formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb. I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works!
*** I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.

My very self you knew; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
*** I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.


Rev. 21:1-5
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them as their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away." The one who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new."


Matthew 2:13; 2:16-18
When [the Magi] had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him." Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed for Egypt.

When Herod realized that he had been deceived by the Magi, he became furious. He ordered the massacre of all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity two-years-old and under, in accordance with the time he had ascertained from the Magi. Then was fulfilled what had been said through Jeremiah the prophet: "A voice was heard in Ramah, sobbing and loud lamentation; Rachel weeping for her children, and she would not be consoled, since they were no more."
.

No comments: