Wednesday, February 14, 2007

100 Possible Answers to the Questions (part III)

51. "Love me without fear / Trust me without questioning / Need me without demanding / Want me without restrictions / Accept me without change / Desire me without inhibitions." -- Dick Sutphen
52. “Love feels no burden, regards not labors, strives toward more than it attains, argues not of impossibility, since it believes that it may and can do all things. Therefore it avails for all things, and fulfils and accomplishes much where one not a lover falls and lies helpless.” -- Thomas a Kempis
53. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
54. "Love means the body, the soul, the life, the entire being. We feel love as we feel the warmth of our blood, we breathe love as we breathe air, we hold it in ourselves as we hold our thoughts. Nothing more exists for us." -- Guy De Maupassant
55. "I cannot exist without you. I am forgetful of everything but seeing you again. My life seems to stop there, I see no further. You have absorb'd me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I were dissolving. I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion... I have shudder'd at it... I shudder no more. I could be martyr'd for my religion: Love is my religion. I could die for that. I could die for you. My creed is love, and you are its only tenet. You have ravish'd me away by a power I cannot resist." -- John Keats
56. "Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one." -- John Keats
57. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen each other in all labour, to minister to each other in all sorrow, to share with each other in all gladness, to be one with each other in the silent unspoken memories? I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved." ~George Elliot
58. "Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong
59. "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
60. "Love has no awareness of merit or demerit; it has no scale... Love loves; this is its nature." - Howard Thurman
61. “Even though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear our prayer - To face life I must live altogether with you or never see you - Yes, I am resolved to be a wanderer abroad until I can fly to your arms and say that I have found my true home, and enfolded in your arms can let my soul be wafted to the realm of blessed spirits - alas, unhappily it must be so - You will become composed, the more so as you know that I am faithful to you; No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be separated from her who is so dear. . . . Your love has made me the happiest and the unhappiest of mortals . . . Be calm; for only by calm consideration of our lives can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - Today - yesterday - what tearful longing for you - for you - you - my life - my all - all good wishes to you. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your lover. Ever yours, ever mine, ever ours.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
62. "Loves makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." - Zora Neale Hurston
63. "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." - Karen Sunde
64. "Where love is, no room is too small." - Talmud
65. "Love is not blind -- it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less." -- Rabbi J. Gordon
66. "The reduction of the universe to a single being, the expansion of a single being even to God, this is love." ~Victor Hugo
67. “To love another person is to see the face of God.” ~Victor Hugo
68. “Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.” ~Leo Buscaglia
69. "Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain." ~Leo Buscaglia
70. "Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart." --Alphonse Marie de la Martine
71. "Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." - Peter Ustinov
72. "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence." -- Erich Fromm
73. "Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love." -- Erich Fromm
74. "What though the radiance which was once so bright / Be now for ever taken from my sight, / Though nothing can bring back the hour / Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; / We will grieve not, rather find / Strength in what remains behind; / In the primal sympathy / Which having been must ever be; / In the soothing thoughts that spring / Out of human suffering; / In the faith that looks through death, / In years that bring the philosophic mind." – William Wordsworth
75. “Every love is a giving birth, a conception that takes lover and beloved beyond themselves into an undiscovered country, a procreation. Love is always emigrant. . . . Love has no safe harbors, only interminable oceans. It must dare disturb the universe, and it will search out the expressions it needs for its work.” -- David K. O’Connor
76. “The art of love has a pudency (modesty), and will not be exposed. Nietzsche was right to say Eros has been poisoned into degeneracy, but he misidentified the poisoners. It is the intellectuals, not the Christians, who have drugged Eros with a contraceptive of the mind.” -- David K. O’Connor

No comments: